Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Family changes!

In just a few days, sniff, I won't see this set of "kids" for a while, but will be having the opportunity to expand my family of "kids":)

Kurt calls it PMS = Professional Mom Syndrome!  I find myself trying to help everyone.. in the post office (just ask the man who got a heart bandaid from me when he cut his hand), in the airport (if I have time, I will walk you to your gate to make sure you are ok), in the grocery store (you can imagine), and the list goes on.  My sons would just roll their eyes as they grew up, or helped with ideas, too. Now they are helpers as well.

This PMS continues to work in life - the above bunch are only a few of the ones who call me "mom". Oh, they have mothers, but they have at least an extra mom (me), as well. Soon I will be PMS-ing some new kids as we struggle with language barriers, but the challenges will be somewhat the same, no matter where you go. Boyfriend/girlfriend problems; family challenges; relating to another person challenges;  school; directions to go; where does God mesh with it all?

It is always nice to know someone cares... that's where I come in...PMS!

No comments:

Post a Comment