Thursday, April 12, 2012

"We don't want to scare you off!"

When we were on our survey trip we had met with about 20 team possibilities. I think we learned a lot of   important ideas from every single encounter! I am so impressed with the quality of people who are on the field & I'm really looking forward to getting to know them better through different activities.

When we met with (what is now our team in Hungary) for an in depth chance to talk, it was filled with lots of questions and laughter. After a lovely lunch  we had a conversation about a multitude of subjects in both English and Hungarian.

Eventually, it simmered down enough so one of the pastors could nervously ask Kurt, "We were wondering if you would be willing to teach an automotive maintenance class here?" Kurt, knowing that if you say "yes" in some places they expect you to complete it even if you don't live there, so Kurt answered, "If we end up here, then yes, I would be happy to." 

This spawned a flurry of conversation in Hungarian that became quite animated and detailed amongst everyone who knew Hungarian (which was leaving us out - they weren't trying to be rude, you could tell it was just discussing what to ask us next.... and frankly, I am thinking, "Dear Lord, if I would EVER get this language it would be a miracle!")

Finally, the Area Leader halted the discussion & basically said, "They want to ask you a LOT more questions about what you would be wanting to do - both of you- but I am putting a stop to the questions in this subject because we don't want to scare you off!"

So, someday (God willing, soon) we will find out what some of those questions will be! First, we need to get there, then "Fire away"!  (I just hope there is an interpreter around:)) I am so glad they think we can be of assistance to the team. I know we will enjoy working with them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment