Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Chuck Norris in a Bathrobe & Bunny Slippers...

So... Tonight our son quoted a friend of ours who said, "Mom's who intercede for us are like Chuck Norris in a Bathrobe & Bunny Slippers!" 

Thankfully, our sons are more than happy to ask for prayer from us in different situations. I am trying to not let the visuals get to my head too much! It just makes me want to pray harder & at the end somehow mix "amen" with "Hai-yah!" & maybe do a spin with a leg extended!  Then, I could try to explain it to the doctor in the ER how I not only threw out my back and broke my leg, but also our coffee table!  Quite an image, huh?  I think I will wait for my new body in heaven before I try that one....

But, seriously, it does make you wonder - How does the mighty weapons we use look to the prince of the air?  Are we wielding our sword (the Bible) with determination and force, like it is an old friend, an extension of our arm? Are we using our prayers of intercession with authority, or are we pleading?

I like the phrase that goes something like, "Live your life so attuned with God that when the alarm goes off, satan trembles and says, 'Oh no! She's awake!' " 

No comments:

Post a Comment