Monday, October 9, 2017

Difficulties of Living Somewhere Else

Difficulties of Living Somewhere Else

K & C at a Grain Game Conference preparing to speak
Kurt helping a colleague with some house improvements











                                                                   


   
Don't take life for granted! That has been a resounding call to us all this year. Many of our friends & friend's families have passed away without any warning. Between that & natural disasters & other newsworthy items - God's word remains clear, "Choose YOU this day whom you will serve" 
           Joshua 24:15

But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whoyou will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”
  
   So many people will say, "Oh, I have plenty of time. I will take care of that when I get to that point" If you haven't all ready chosen, WAKE UP!! There may NOT be time before you die!  Others may say, "Well, you can have your way, and I will have mine."  That is true, but I would much rather serve the Creator of the universe, THE ONE who spoke the stars into being, Who breathed life into man, than a belief in a possibility or the opposite of God!

   Grief is difficult anytime, but it's especially difficult when you aren't living close to the ones you want to run to, to wrap your arms around them and help console them, to love on them as best you can, to sit with them in quietness and let them BE.  That is one of the most difficult things about living away!

   We can pick up the phone and call someone - even get to see them but the lack of touch, of personally being there is so hard! It happened again yesterday - I have no wonderful, consoling words, other than, "I am SO sorry to hear this!"  Yet what I want to do each time is get on a plane and BE with them. Yet I am called to be here. 

  However, one of the strongest, most powerful weapons is in my hand - my Bible and prayers!! I can help be on the other side of the world and cover the 24 hour prayer vigils! I can pray and God can be there to soothe the aching hearts and minds. HE hears our prayers, HE hears our thoughts HE knows my heart and mind want to be with those I care about!!! What a mighty, wonderful God we serve!



No comments:

Post a Comment