Sunday, August 19, 2012

Strong Bones & Spirit

   The experts say that in order to build strong bones, there must be not only an adequate source of calcium, but also stress and strength to add density to your bones and sinews.  I can't help but think this is often the case as well with a person's prayer life and spirit life.

   If you know some prayer warriors or people who really are tight with God, chances are they have been in some very deep & difficult circumstances in their lives.  Just like those who have lots of life experiences have tremendous wisdom you can glean from, so you can with those from deep spiritual experiences.

  Life is a balance. Balance comes from strength.

  "With God our intentional sacrifices become more than just sacrifices; they become expressions of love and trust that draw us closer to Him,. It's a kind of 'losing' strategy in which our losses pale in comparison to our gains... the riches of intimacy with Christ and increased strength to pursue holiness in every aspect of our lives."  - excerpt from Made To Crave Participant's Guide, pg.142

   I don't know about you, but we are in the process of getting REALLY strong for God through all of these losses and stresses. I have found through many situations if I ask the Lord, "Could you just show me later  - why - so I know it wasn't for naught."  He will. Sometimes it hits like a 2x4 on my head. God delivers.  Sometimes I can glean wisdom from others without having to have the difficulties - but it is less personal unless I can apply it to something I am going through.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment