Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Doors - Hooray!

Have you ever set your sights on something that you know is real but seems like a dream? Do you find yourself wondering what God may have in store for you, or if what you are going through could really be used somehow later in life? We do! So many times, so many experiences, so many times I have looked at the cross trying to run faster towards it while my feet seem to be mired in mud. My heart yearns to be in heaven... why am I still here?  Clearly there is more for me to do.  What will it be this time?

When you want to have some accomplishments, yet doors remain closed - no matter how hard you push- rest in God's plan. He is ever the gentleman. (I just imagine Him leaning on the door, keeping it closed, calmly checking to make sure his cuticles are just right while I am trying with all of my might to push the door open!).  Then I head in a different direction, or just down the hall & I see there is a door open, so I get ready to pull it shut (after all, all the other doors are closed), and I hear, "Oh, Carrie! Could you help me with this for just a moment? It's ok, you can keep the door open."  Before I know it, hours/days/months/years have passed as I had set my hand to whatever... and realize that door was so easy. It was God's will.

Sometimes my dreams have become a reality - like my awesome husband, my terrific sons, a kindred & fun daughter-in-love, our instant and wonderful grandchildren and an expectation that I would be living somewhere else other than the US.

Wow, we are now getting closer!! Thanks to many of you! (and if God is nudging you & you haven't pledged yet, He also wants you to help us) - just an aside, there.

Our team in Hungary also has great ideas for service organizations, should they want to help with a project or two. Maybe they would like to hear what is happening in other parts of the world? We can help! Do you have a small group that would be interested? We would love to share! Do you have a church that wants to expand their mission-mindedness? We can help! Do you want to know more? Ask! We would love to talk to you.

Somehow God plans on using all of our experiences, goals and dreams out on the field - us! Just regular old Kurt and Carrie - and God can use us! Wow!! Is He crazy? No, He's God! He can change water into wine, I know he can change our "ordinariness" into His divine purpose for whatever He chooses. Us! You, too!

Even still, we press on towards our goal, knowing Jesus is at the end of it. Keeping our eyes only on Him, learning all we can to acclimate easier, breathe deeper, run stronger, faster, lighter.....

Come on! Join the race with us!

1 comment: